The World Council of Churches has issued:
- a press release and a letter to member churches encouraging people to join in the Day of Prayer
- an article with quotes of support from the South Sudan Council of Churches
- prayer material and background information
- The Anglican Communion has issued a press release that focuses on the welcome for the Day of Prayer from world church leaders. This includes quotes from the Archishop of the Anglican Church of Congo and a prayer from Archbishop Thabo Makgoba of the Anglican Church of Southern Africa. They’ve also issued a statement and prayer points from the Archbishop of Canterbury.
- CAFOD: Prayer for DR Congo and South Sudan
- The Canadian Religious Conference has on its website links to a helpful collection of prayers and intercessions for the Day of Prayer. It looks as if some of these may be prayers that are being used in Rome on the day itself.
- Caritas has issued a statement on the current situation in the DRC, which asks people to join the Day of Prayer and gives background material.
- CMS’s prayer bulletin for this week will focus on the DRC and South Sudan: it will be able to be found here.
- Pax Christi has a collection of materials including prayers, stories from South Sudan, background papers, videos and more.
- The US Conference of Catholic Bishops has a selection of prayers
https://www.ccow.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/CCOW-Logo-Revamp-V3b-300x98.jpg 0 0 Maranda https://www.ccow.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/CCOW-Logo-Revamp-V3b-300x98.jpg Maranda2018-02-22 19:05:422018-02-22 19:05:42Links to Further Materials for the Day of Prayer for the DRC and South Sudan