“At the end of March Home Secretary, Priti Patel, laid out proposed plans for the “biggest overhaul of the UK’s asylum system in decades”. The subsequently released ‘New Plan for Immigration Policy Statement’ confirmed numerous policy changes, including seeing people who arrive in the UK by what the government call illegal means, no longer having the same entitlements as those arriving through legal channels.
We are calling the UK Church to gather together to pray for this new Immigration and Borders Bill as it goes through parliament in then coming weeks.
Join with Christians from across the UK from Sunday 5th September to Friday 10th September, every evening from 8 – 8:30pm on Zoom to pray for our nation at this time.
1. Sunday 5th September: Praying for the Asylum system.
2. Monday 6th September: Praying for the current procedure relating to Age Assessments for unaccompanied asylum-seeking children (UASC).
3. Tuesday 7th September: Praying for Persecuted Christians across the world.
4. Wednesday 8th September: Praying for resettlement.
5. Thursday 9th September: Praying for accommodation.
6. Friday 10th September: Praying for every stage of the Immigration and Borders bill.
Register today in order to receive the Zoom link beforehand. Please invite others you know to register as well. (Please don’t share the Zoom link with others directly so that we know who is on the call).”