Phase One of the Government’s sponsorship scheme has been launched for individual households to welcome refugees into their homes. Phase Two is coming soon. What can churches do to help Ukrainian refugees be warmly welcomed to the UK?
At this event you will hear from experienced refugee experts, Ukrainian refugees, and churches that have experience sponsoring refugees and government officials involved in designing the programme. As the refugees coming to the UK are likely to be women with children we will also have a special focus on children and so it might be helpful to include those involved in children’s ministry on the call too.
We will seek to answer some of the following questions:
- How can churches prepare to be sponsors?
- How to develop a sponsorship team?
- What are the challenges and opportunities for churches that sponsor?
- What are our next steps as a church?
- What can churches do to best help refugee children with their education?
- How can we help children and families struggling with Post Traumatic Stress?
There will also be a chance to ask questions live. More speakers announced soon.”