“We are pleased to announce the Seventh Annual Conference to focus on improving Mental Health Support for Asylum Seekers and Refugees.
This conference will enable you to:
- Network with colleagues who are working to improve mental health support for refugees and asylum seekers
- Reflect on the lived experience of a refugee to this country
- Understand the national context
- Understand the vulnerabilities that lead to mental health issues in refugees and ayslum seekers
- Examine how to set up holistic services that meet the mental health needs of refugees and asylum seekers
- Learn from the experiences of the Red Cross and Doctors of the World in delivering Multitiered and comprehensive MHPSS Systems & Psychological First Aid
- Improve your skills in working with asylum seekers and refugees who have experienced trauma
- Develop strategies for providing peer and community support
- Understand the role of specialist interventions such as trauma focused CBT
- Working with victims of human trafficking
- Improve practice in building resilience and improving care of unaccompanied young people seeking asylum
- Self assess and reflect on your own practice
- Gain CPD accreditation points contributing to professional development and revalidation evidence”
This event is supported by Refugee Support Network. There is a 20% discount for friends of RSN with the code “HCUK20nm”.