Welcome Churches writes: “Following the success of our first ‘Churches Welcoming Refugees’ day in March, we are delighted to be holding our next day in LONDON on 12th October.
God is at work amongst the people seeking refuge in the UK! As the Church, we need to be ready to respond to the practical and spiritual needs of the people arriving in our communities.
Join with other churches from across the UK and be inspired, equipped and resourced to grow your work with refugees and asylum seekers.
We are absolutely delighted to let you know that Soroush Sadeghzadeh will be speaking at Churches Welcoming Refugees on the 12th October. An incredibly gifted leader for the UK Church, you really would be missing out if you don’t come! Soroush was born in Abadon, Iran but grew up in Shiraz. In 2004 he moved, with his wife, to the UK due to persecution for their Christian faith. Soroush is on the leadership team of Jublilee Church, Teesside. Soroush has a passion for seeing believers from many tribes and languages discipled into all that God has for them.
Seminars on the day will focus on:
- Discipleship hub – Discipling people from a refugee background
- Integration hub – How to equip ordinary church members to be welcoming to refugees
- Care hub – Working with traumatised refugees using the Life Transitions Course
- Legal hub – Understanding the UK asylum system
- Discipleship hub – Making disciples who make disciples. Simple replicable tools to use among refugees
- Integration hub – Helping refugees find a place to belong in the UK Church
- Care hub – Caring for ourselves and others working with refugees
- Legal hub – Helping Christian Converts with their asylum claims
We will also have lunchtime table talks on different topics where we will be inviting you to share your experience of welcoming refugees so far.”