“The training is aimed at anyone who wants to learn more about educational progression for young refugees and asylum seekers, and will enable participants to:
- grapple with particular difficulties that asylum seekers face in accessing, remaining and progressing in HE
- understand what different young people with a variety of immigration status’ are entitled to, including fee status, student finance, scholarships etc.
- learn about the latest policy and legal developments affecting HE for this group of young people
- grow in the ability to meet the support needs of young people as they attempt to progress to university, including how to advocate on their behalf with local authorities and universities
- consider alternative progression routes and funding options for young people who are not eligible for home fee status or student finance
- share best practice and practical information about how to help young people move forward